Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yellow and Orange - Must be Fall


Cora got some top of the line in home care for her jaundice a few days after arriving home from the hospital. A nurse brought a jaundice light that fit inside our bassinet perfectly. The bassinet was handmade by my dad when my mom was pregnant with my older sister. Since then all the kids and grandkids have slept in it. Since most of our family has big babies it usually only fits them for a week or two. Cora is small for our family and will get to use it awhile.

While we were waiting on the jaundace lamp to show up, mom and I got out the bassinet and set Cora on the screened in porch in it. She wiggled around and found the spindles with her legs. She gave a huge sigh of happiness and went to sleep. Must of reminded her of mommy's ribs. I really like that newborns don't move aorund. Unfortunately, Cora did not get that memo. She can roll to her side, lift her head and scoot around all at a few days old.

The jaundice light has a blue jacket the baby sits in. First thing Ruby did when she saw it was run inside. When she came out, she had put on a jacket to match her sister.


Seeing as how my recovery was going so well, I decided to let my mom watch Cora and Jamey and I could take Ruby to a birthday party at a pumpkin patch. What I didn't count on was just how bumpy a hayride can be. I don't have a picture of my face on the hayride but I'm guessing it was a sight to behold. Still, Ruby had a great time and it was a perfect place to entertain toddlers.

No comments: