Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Big Sister Training



Ruby loves playing with the new baby doll her Aunt Kim got her for her birthday. Kim wisely predicted that the doll would let Ruby learn what the baby will be like and how to take care of her. I am happy to report that Ruby has learned much about the subtle details of taking care of a baby. Jamey and I started recording what she said on the subject recently on a car ride.

"Mommy, want to see a cool trick? You push the rubber band into the baby's eyes and then that's the trick!"

"I am having a hard time getting this rubber band onto the baby's neck"

"My baby likes to sleep in the water."

"My baby cries and cries. I'm just going to let him cry."

"Look what I did. I put his foot in my mouth. Then I chewed it up a little bit then I took it out of my mouth. That's what I did to his foot."


We had another good Ruby story today. Jamey and Ruby were grocery shopping when Ruby
stopped and said "My tummy hurts". Jamey asked her if it just started hurting. She replied "No. It started when I sat on something." Jamey asked her what she sat on. She replied "Kyle" which is one of her friends at school. Jamey explained about guilt and how it makes your tummy hurt if you hurt your friends. I am very impressed by this reaction from Jamey. When Ruby came home and told me this story, I had no idea where it was going and my response was laughing till I cried. I managed to get out a "Poor Kyle." but most of the time, I was turning away from her and trying to contain my laughter.

No comments: