Monday, October 27, 2008

Picasso Makes it Work


Project Runway had its finale this month. Several friends have banded together in our strange obsession with the show. Someone cooks dinner, someone cooks dessert and we sit around and eat as we watch skinny models. We even pick ponies who we think are going to win (Atlee won this time - see picture for his winnings). I know my fascination with the show is the pure creative and constructive talent it features. Not only do you have to be able to design a look, you have to sew it in a day or two. My sewing skills are legendary (and I don't mean the good kind) and I struggle to understand how people actually sew something well enough to wear it to an event other than a Halloween party. For the past two years, I have pushed myself by sewing Halloween costumes for myself in the hopes of improving. This year I see 4 days to go and no "make it worked"idness within me. I suppose I will throw together some last ditch effort. Luckily, with my obsession with Halloween, I have quite the history of costumes to choose from. T. Gunn is in the Belk's house here in Bham on November 8. Maybe we can entertain ourselves between seasons by stalking him.

No comments: