Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ginger Snaps Back


Although this happened in August, I'm just now getting around to posting about this. It's my blog, I can do what I want. And I definitely want to let you guys know the best new ingredient in your kitchen. Ginger Snaps! Our last Supper Club was hosted at my place and we used our awesome screened in porch as a Dining Room (honestly that is the case 90% of the time). The theme was Ginger Snaps Back. Although I had Ginger Snaps as a theme ingredient in mind, some people read it as ginger and that was perfectly acceptable. Atlee and Amanda made some ginger ale that makes Buffalo rock seem meek. In their typical brilliant fashion, they compensated by pouring in coconut rum. yummmmm. Yvonne whipped together shrimp coated in ginger snaps for an appetizer.Bill and Dawn made a ginger onion tart as a side dish which insured we would not have anything green contaminating our plate. As for me, I took some advice from Pat Zurasky and tried the Saubraten. This involved filling the house with the smell of vinegar for two days as the meat marinated then adding crushed gingersnaps to the crockpot after hours of cooking for a gravy. The result was good but it will be a year or two before I got through all that again. Of course, the best part of the evening was dining in our awesome screened in deck. It was the main reason we bought the house and can i say "Worth it!"? I would be remiss if I didn't point out the amazing dessert. Are you guys ready for your mind to be blown? What is better than banana pudding? "Nothing!" you exclaim. What if...just what if...it had ginger snaps instead of vanilla wafers? HEAVEN!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I fully intent to try this dessert ... yum! I ate so many Ginger Snaps when I was preggo that they are just starting to sound appealing to me again. By the way, the story about your mother-in-law and the cell phone was hilarious. My mother called me once at work all in a huff because she thought the cops were going to break down the door because she was using my computer and the words "You have performed and illegal action" came up on the screen. :)

Stacy Taylor said...

That's great! I also was a ginger fiend and am just now getting around to liking it again. Just think, I didn't have time to post all the mother-in-law stories! There was one involving an oven that made me think I should have named Ruby "Gretal"