Monday, July 21, 2008

Old Dog, New Trick


Now that Loki is 12, he's starting to show his age a bit more. Recently, it has surfaced in a complete intolerance for hot weather. This being Alabama, that's not working out so well for him. We tend to walk every night after dinner. Loki cannot even back it back home before he starts wheezing and his tongue turns purple. Jamey developed a patented method for dealing with this problem that involved carrying the 50 pound dog and pushing the 22 pound baby in a stroller. When this happened on our walk last week, I developed a new method.



Although Loki enjoyed the stroller, the problem was not fully solved. We still had to carry the 22 pound baby. Plus, I worried that one of our neighbors would wreck as they drove by and stared at the charming picture Loki made in a baby stroller. I can imagine the associated conversation.

Gladys: Abner! Abner! I saw that crazy couple again today and THIS time they had the dog in the baby stroller and the baby had to walk.

Our solution certainly improves the walk for Jamey and I and Loki. Unfortunately, Loki "Ancient Mariner"TM horror breath knocks Ruby out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's way too cool.

Anonymous said...

So that those who will accidentally visit your site will not waste there time with this stupid topics.

Anonymous said...

Yutarets! kasagad bah!

Unknown said...

Junk comments? Weird.

The picture of Ruby dying of Loki breath is great.

Bill said...

Junk comments or cultist incantation? Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthangn!

Also, those photos made my day.

Andrea said...

I just laughed so hard I almost peed! So funny. Can I borrow Loki -- maybe he can breath on Tabi - she is having a hard time sleeping lately ...

Andrea