Friday, July 11, 2008

I scream, you scream

Jamey and a tendency stick to a routine unless deflected from it by me for one reason or another (Jamey, it's Saturday, don't go to work.) Since his mom moved in with us I've learned he comes by this trait very honestly.

One new routine he's adopted from his mother since she moved in is partaking of large amounts of vanilla ice cream every night. This 1000 calories or so must be ingested while exclaiming how absolutely delicious it is with every bite. (Jamey's mom does the exclaiming, Jamey just nods).

My polite refusals to join in are met with stunned "Are you sick?" questions. While I am, indeed, sick this week I will have to come up with a new excuse next week. Of course I could tell them the truth.

"Juju, Jamey I have something to tell you. Normal human beings cannot consume vast quantities of ice cream on a daily basis. You guys are freaks of nature and I sincerely hope Ruby inherited your ability to pour food into a leg for safekeeping where it will work its way into the air and disappear leaving you thin and healthy. If I were to partake with you, I would quickly find myself shopping for a new wardrobe and on cholesterol lowering meds."

No comments: