Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Look at the animals! please?



Ruby and Allison undertook their first trip to the zoo recently. Karen, Jamey and I spent about half an hour getting everyone into the car and about an hour at the zoo. I wish I could say Ruby was fascinated by the animals. However, she had...um...issues. Issues like being interested in anything but the animals. Observe...


Mama: Look Ruby, a goat!
Ruby: There's some kids over there. Fascinating.


Mama: Look Ruby, a rat!
Ruby: Nice shoes lady.


Mama: Look Ruby, a gorilla!
Ruby: I'll show you a gorilla.


Ruby did, however, love the gift shop and chose a giraffe that she adores.

Checkout lady: How cute! She picked a giraffe. Did she see the giraffes today?
Mama: No.

As for Ruby's cousin... Allison was very interested...in a nap and maybe a snack and maybe one more nap. Still, I know this is the start of lots of fun trips to the zoo for the girls. Maybe one day they'll enjoy it more than we do.

No comments: