Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gobble Gobble


We had a great Thanksgiving! Ruby is sufficiently spoiled for all future Thanksgiving. While the food was good, if unremarkable, the setting was awesome. Thanks to Jamey's work with Beachguide we stayed with his family at a beautiful house in Destin Point. I highly recommend the Oasis for a great family trip.

The heated pool and spa made the cold weather no problem! Ruby loved getting in the pool. (I learned about swim diapers which are very cool.)

Playing with her cousins made her never want to sleep. The first two days, she was so afraid of missing something that she would strive to stay awake at all times.

She also got to have her first lemon which she loved and munched on contentedly.

Jamey was a hit with all the nieces and nephew as they played countless games. Bohnanza was a big hit and will probably be our Christmas gift to Taylor (the nephew, yeah it gets confusing. I also have a niece named Taylor on my side of the family.) Hope you guys all had nice Thanksgivings as well. Now if I could just find a few million to buy that house, we would be at the beach all the time. Ah well, I am all for temporarily renting a better way of life than I can actually afford to own.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

It is wonderful catching up with you on the blog. I will start one I promise. Plan on it this winter vacation when I am not renovating my house, Brian's house or Mom's house..... even writing this makes me tired.

Stacy Taylor said...

We miss you Karyn! I would love your blog. Will there be an actual picture of you or will it be like your Facebook page?

Karyn said...

There are lots of pictures of me on facebook... wait I will load in the vancouver pictures now... someone else was behind the camera so there are some. :) Only thing is because work people are on facebook there will be no pictures of him or his name... so will send you a couple in your Christmas card.