Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The 5 Year Old Artist

This is about the extent of my birthday parties growing up. A cake (usually shared by my sister and I for our 3 day difference in birthdays) and the Zurasky girls.  There are certainly a few exceptions of a rollar skating party and a party at my house one year.  My only rule on birthday parties is that the kids have to be old enough to ask for their friends, otherwise it's just family. Aside from that, I'm all in. I love an excuse to plan a party!

While I thoroughly enjoyed Ruby's 4th birthday party, I'm busy at work and decrepid due to some crazy hip problems so when Ruby declared "art party" I thought "Not at my house". Michael's had a great birthday party arrangement so we had it there. I found some cute decoration ideas online so my mom and I made buckets of paint fall from the ceiling onto the table and arranged cupcakes on easels to look like paint splatters.

Ruby and her friends had a great time. It's fun to see the natural instincts of each kid. There were the realists and the abstract artists. The great thing is all the kids have absolute faith in their own artistic ability. It made me glad I pasted this quote from Pablo Picasso on each goodie bag.


"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." - Pablo Picasso

2 comments:

K Love said...

What a fabulous idea for a party...and rules about who comes to a pary. I have made notes.

K Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.