Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ruby's First Ballad


More often than not, I find myself singing random kids songs to keep Ruby entertained usually as I am trying to get her to do something. If she has time to think, she will say "No Way!" to any request. But I have found starting a song then casually putting on her shoes and socks to work. As I was singing, I noticed her lower lip start to quiver and tears begin to stream down her face. Apparently, I had never sang this song to her

On top of spaghetti
All covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball
when somebody sneezed

It rolled off of the table
and onto the floor
then my poor meatball
rolled right out the door

Despite her great empathy for the meatball (or the child who lost it), Ruby wanted to hear the song over and over, crying each time. I guess there is something in human nature that likes to be sad occasionally. That's why I married Jamey.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Adorable. :)