Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Falling into Christmas



I have to apologize for the somewhat lackluster posts lately. I cannot be creative in any two aspects of my life at once and work is getting all my intellectual effort this month. So I will continue with my series of pictures with brief descriptions and hope for a New Year of clever posts.

First of all, the new house is working out great! The short commute to work, the beautiful porch and landscaping (which really showed awesome this fall), the fantastic kitchen...total happiness.



If only the previous house didn't sit lonely waiting for an owner. A neighbor of my sister-in-law looked at our house for sale. This sounds like a good thing, but she really had no intention of buying (just wanted to look) and brought her highly destructible 2 year old with her. She told my sister-in-law "They need to get the guitars hanging in the music room down. My little girl was jumping up and down on one of the guitars when we walked in." Wha? Lots of people show their house when they still live in it lady. It is not a free for all playground for your little heathen. At least we moved the expensive guitars with us! The other fun item to transpire was a LARGE dead tree fell in the backyard of our previous house. Luckily it missed the fence, neighbor's house and our deck by inches. Still, I love that house and hold great hope that the right person will see it and enjoy it as much as we did.

Next of all, Jamey and I decided to be very careful about introducing Ruby to food. The doctor recommends starting with vegetables so they learn to like food that isn't sweet. Well, Ruby loves her vegetables, but observe her reaction to any and all fruit we put in front of her. She's a fruit hater.



On to other important events. Hoody Towel of November. I changed it up and took a picture of Ruby in one of my absolute favorite gifts (thanks Kellys!) the BABY BATHROBE. Oh awesome. She just looks hilarious in it in my opinion. No hood needed. I have no idea what's up with the off the shoulder look.





Finally catching up to last weekend! We put up our Christmas tree and instigated two new Xmas traditions.

1) Christmas Martini - Gin, Peppermint Schnapps, Vermouth While normally I detest Gin, I loved it in this drink. For some reason it just screamed Christmas. I used frozen cranberries as ice cubes.
2) Chicken and Dumplings on tree raising night. YUM!

We bought LED lights for our tree this year. Very bright but cute. I have no idea how to decorate the outside of my house. My mom is going to come help think of ideas next weekend. Maybe it will take a rocket scientist....

And finally, we partied like rock stars and played ROCK BAND, the new game for the XBOX that let's you pretend to play music without actually having to be talented (except for drums, wow that's hard!). Well, Ruby did not appreciate Jamey's rendition of Sabotage, but other than that we all had a great time and played till 1 AM. The next morning however, Jamey was not feeling so well. I watched Ruby till 10 AM then he took over. When I woke up from my nap, I walked into the living room to find Jamey entertaining Ruby as best he could.


So much more still to cover. I owe lots of pics of the new house. Maybe as I decorate it for Christmas I can take a few pictures. I love Christmas time! Buying gifts, making cookies, lots of lights yippeeee.

4 comments:

Griner said...

Jesus Christ! A two-year-old grabbed a guitar off a wall rack six feet in the air and jumped on it?

On an unrelated note, I might take my guitar out of there next time we're in the area. I'll leave the requisite pack of cigarettes, frozen pizza and floater as payment to the home-sale gods.

Emily said...

Have you tried burying a statue of St. Andrew upside down in the yard or whatever that voodoo is?

Ruby looks cute in her robe!

And that Christmastini sounds yummy.

Stacy Taylor said...

Oh, yeah. I need a statue of St. Andrew for Xmas I guess

Karyn said...

Wow... is that your new yard? Love the deck. Please post pictures.

Ruby is an absolute doll. The robe shots are stellar. What a personality. I understand the creative comment. I took a break to shop but now it is back to finishing off some work before tomorrows early early meeting. Ugh.